Thursday 25 June 2015

90s OOTD • Mom Jeans and Jesus Sandals


So, as you can probably tell from my fashion sense I have a mild obsession with the 90's style.
One of my favourite TV shows of all time is Twin Peaks, and Audrey Horne is definitely my fashion spirit animal! From 10 Things I Hate About You to Clueless, Never Been Kissed, She's All That... I definitely think I was born 20 years too late. That, coupled with the fact my favourite band is The Smiths, means that on a daily basis I like to pretend I live in the 90s. Hence the Mom Jeans.

MOM JEANS

Mom Jeans are a loose fitting style of jeans which are usually high waisted, turned up at the bottom and closely resemble what your mother wears when she thinks she's trying to be stylish. Since skinny jeans are so popular right now I love going against the grain, especially as they are genuinely very flattering! The high waisted appearance nips you in at the waist and because the legs are baggy your legs look slim underneath. The thing about this style though is that it works best with a tight-ish top to contrast against the bagginess, and small sandals that show off a tiny bit of leg and ankle! I bought mine from a thift store in Cardiff for £16; considering their genuine Levi's it was such a good deal. I highly recommend going into charity shops to purchase these because they were so popular in the 90's. However, here are a few places to buy if you want a pair new:


SANDALS


These sandals are honestly my best purchase for summer this year. They're ridiculously flattering, the top strap gives the appearance of smaller calves, and if you're someone like me who hates the looseness of flip flops these are for you, because you can tighten or loosen the strap to fit your feet exactly. The thing about them is they go with everything, I have not yet found an outfit they don't match! Definitely a summer must-have.

Sandals £14.50

RIBBED VEST-TOP

Because the jeans are quite out-there I didn't want to go too crazy on the top design, so I've chosen a grey ribbed vest from Topshop that hits the waistline of the jeans perfectly. The vest is a v-neck so is very flattering, and the tightness of the top contrasts the baggy jeans perfectly! My necklace is from a little boutique in Cardiff, but it's a simple bronze toned key!

Top £6
Bag £199

Follow me on Bloglovin // Instagram x

7 comments:

  1. Love the look ! i live in mom jeans ! http://verityslifestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! Done, I love your blog!xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really love your outfit, I want some of these jeans but I just don't think I could style them well!
    Audrey Horne has excellent style :P Definitely my second favourite character.. after Dale Cooper of course!

    The Everyday Life of Rachel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I felt the same but they're definitely worth a try, they seem to go with everything! Yessss no one can quite beat Cooper can they! ;)

      Delete
  4. omg you're so gorgeous! NEW FOLLOWER ON BLOGLOVIN!

    Let me know if you'd like to follow back ^^

    Lauren xx | laurlauu . beauty . fashion . life . blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh you're so sweet thank you!! I adore your blog xoxo

      Delete